One of the many sights from the terminal
I was so determined to leave the airport when I arrived in Hong Kong, I had planned everything meticulously; rush through immigration (30 minutes), take a taxi to Lantau Island (10 minutes), take the glass bottom cable car on a quick return journey (1 hour), and then rush back to the airport. I've got almost 5 hours in transit, I kept telling myself. Easy.
Leaving Perth airport
That was, until, I found out that my flight leaving Perth was delayed for almost 2 hours. 'The plane was experiencing Technical Difficulties' I was told later at check-in, said in such a reassuring manner that I barely questioned said Technical Difficulties.
So here I am, sitting in Hong Kong airport, accepting the fact that I will not be able to exit the airport without most likely missing my flight to Okinawa. Instead, I walked the entire length of the terminal, decided that there was nothing really that interesting to do, and decided to have some McDonald's (don't judge me).
So, in lieu of some photos of a crazy Hong Kong Transit Adventure, you're going to have to settle for some generic airport photos.
So close yet so far
Waiting to board my flight to Okinawa. I got bored of writing and so took a selfie instead
Please hold onto the handlebar and stand still while the platform moves. - Loudspeaker
Sitting here, staring at the mountainous backdrop, I'm commited to coming back one day and actually succeeding in leaving the airport. This isn't what I expected Hong Kong to look like at all (honestly, I was expecting something more akin to Singapore - small, flat, and crowded), and I'm just dying to get out and explore.
- May January
- Mon 29 December 2014Temples, shrines, and Irish pubs (oops)
- Sun 28 December 2014Temple run and too much sake
- Fri 26 December 2014Hiroshima
- Wed 24 December 2014Things I've noticed since coming to regular Japan
- Mon 22 December 2014Last day in Okinawa
- Mon 22 December 2014A very Okinawan Hanukkah
- Sun 21 December 2014Onna Industrial Festival
- Sun 21 December 2014Last week at OIST
- Tue 16 December 2014A surprisingly good time to go to Russia
- Mon 15 December 2014Cape Hedo and Hiji Falls
- Mon 15 December 2014Vires Acquirit Eundo
- Mon 15 December 2014Chicken skin (and other assorted delights)
- Sun 14 December 2014Bread 1.0
- Sun 14 December 2014More things I've noticed since arriving in Okinawa
- Tue 09 December 2014The Heart Attack Murder Burger
- Tue 09 December 2014Spongebob and the birthday pig
- Mon 08 December 2014Kourijima
- Mon 08 December 2014Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
- Sun 07 December 2014Americana teppanyaki
- Sun 07 December 2014Searching for yeast on a Friday night
- Mon 01 December 2014Pineapple Park
- Sun 30 November 2014Castles, pancakes, Naha and more
- Fri 28 November 2014Attempted drive to Ishikawa
- Thu 27 November 2014Walk through Tancha
- Tue 25 November 2014Things I've discovered since arriving in Okinawa
- Tue 25 November 2014Settling in at OIST
- Mon 24 November 2014Accidental business class
- Sun 23 November 2014Delayed in Hong Kong
- Sun 16 November 2014A Siberian adventure